Monday, June 26, 2017

Daily Yopp! 6.26.17 Send Letters to Your Senators

I just got off the phone with staffers from both my senators' offices (Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris). Both of them are doing everything they can to fight the AHCA, so besides offering a thumbs up, there was little for me to say on that front. I asked if there was anything We the People could do to support their efforts. I was told:

1. Keep calling. Your senators get a daily tally of constituent calls, so it's crucial that you call EVERY SINGLE DAY.

2. Send letters with personal stories about how you will be affected by the AHCA to your Senator's DC office. Feinstein's office tells me that letters sent to the DC office by post (ie, old school written or typed in an envelope with a stamp) are the most helpful thing to do right now. Perhaps you could even add a note on the front that says, "Contains personal story re: AHCA).

That's it. Just a quick Yopp! today. Let your skill with the quill do your talking.


No comments:

Post a Comment