Monday, March 20, 2017

Daily Yopp! 3.20.17 - Review and Preview

We've got a busy week ahead and a lot of my previous Yopps! are still in play. Let's take a moment to to review and preview some hot issues facing Congress this week:

FBI Director Comey meets with Senate Intelligence Committee
There's not much for you to do on this except stay abreast of the hearings. My prediction is that We the People won't hear much of anything, but I could be wrong. You can watch it live. You could also reread this recent Yopp! about Russian entanglements for specific actions and scripts.

Confirmation for Supreme Court Nominee Neil Gorsuch
This one is worth making a call to your senators if you haven't done so. There's a question as to whether the Democrats should filibuster or not. I'm on the fence with that. My senator, Dianne Feinstein, is the ranking member of the Judiciary Committee and heavily involved in this one.

Repeal ACA and Replace with Trumpcare
First off, there's a lot of inconsistency about the popular name for this disastrous health care bill. It's mostly a battle between Trumpcare and Ryancare, but I also heard Cruzcare floated out there. I suggest we start using Trumpcare just to ensure that his brand gets associated with what will be a mess. Check out this interactive map to see how different areas of the country will be affected. For extra credit, use this spreadsheet to hold representatives accountable. And of course, you can call your representative and senators. Here's a Yopp! detailing that.

I'm off to listen to the Comey hearings and make some calls before I head to work. Stay frosty!

Yours in solidarity.




No comments:

Post a Comment