Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Daily Yopp! 3.1.17 - Demand Investigation of Russian Interference


I'm in the middle of watching Senator Dianne Feinstein's conversation from last Friday with the Public Policy Institute of California. Worth watching/listening to. Feinstein talks a fair bit about the Russia issue.

I gotta say, the fact that there is so little uproar about the Russia connections from the GOP speaks to something deeply deeply wrong with the degree to which partisan politics has overtaken our government.

Here's a quick Yopp! you can make to all three of your MoCs that comes from our friends at The 65.

CALL YOUR MOCS ABOUT RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE

Friday, news broke that the Trump White House communicated with the FBI and senior lawmakers on intel committees, asking them to counter Russia stories in the press. We can't allow partisan politics to stand in the way of full transparency. Ask your legislators for an independent, bipartisan commission! 
Script: 
Hi, I'm [NAME], a constituent. I'm extremely concerned about the extent of Russia's interference in the 2016 election and Presidential transition. 
I'm calling to ask [Senator/Representative NAME] to publicly and legislatively support the creation of an independent, bipartisan commission to investigate the matter. I don't want partisan politics or the Trump Administration's influence to bias the investigation, so I think it should be modeled after the 9/11 commission, which was more open to the public than a committee investigation. Please let [Senator/Representative NAME] know that this is a high-priority issue for me and I'll be paying close attention. Thank you!

For more detailed analysis, read this Mother Jones article about the Trump-Russia scandal.


No comments:

Post a Comment